Join Scott MacScott founder of The Tavels LLC and licensed NYC professional local guide, to this very specialized walking tour of New York City. Learn and explore all the sites of the Revolutionary War era. Experience New York City on foot, and get a very personal look at what is behind of one of the most vibrants cities in the World.
As a New Yorker, Scott will share with you all the insights of a local. Our goal is to show visitors the local experience and learn its rich and interesting history.
Among the main sites of this tour you will visit:
- The New York Common one of the places where first blood of Revolution was spilled.
- The still existing Sugar House Window
- One of the oldest burial grounds in New York City
- St. Pauls, the oldest American War Memorial.
- Federal Hall on Wall Street where the First President of the United States took the Oath of Office
- Trinity Church, burial site for Alexander Hamilton.
- Bowling Green.
- Fraunces Tavern Museum.
- Stone Street, a great example of colonial architecture and one of the first streets paved in cobblestone
- Lovelace Tavern, one of the oldest taverns in New York.
|Start Time:||Please check specific schedules in booking tab|
|Tour Duration:||2 hours|
|Meeting Point:||City Hall grounds|
|Lenght of the Tour:||Aproximately 2 miles|
We highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes. Please check weather so you can wear appropiate gear in case of rain.
Colonial New York Walking tours depart during the months of July through September. Please check our bookings tab for more information.
Rate per person in semi private tours is $ per person.
Contact us for Private Tour rates at
Are you looking to join a tour? please check out Scheduled Departures.
Please check out our scheduled departures here: (booking system embeded icon or link)
We would love to offer you a private walking tour of Colonial New York City, please contact us to Scott@TheTravels to arrange a tour for you.
Private Tour Rates Founding America Tour Founding America To
Standard 2h30 hour tour $
Experience the best of New York in a private or semi private walking tour and discover the city like you haven't done before.
Customized private tours are availalble according to your interests. Special rates available for groups larger than 10 people.